For 30 years, the client has committed to enriching customer satisfaction and providing consumer access to timely, accurate information on the world's most iconic brands. As a result of their dedication and expertise in total device management and information delivery solutions, they have established themselves as a global leader in providing innovative technology solutions to consumer-facing industries. Their suite of fully managed solutions includes interactive kiosks, digital signage, mobile, and multimedia designed to enhance the overall customer experience.
The client was getting into a new business as a reseller of products from major electronic brands like Apple and Samsung, as well as smaller manufacturers of accessories for these products. The client wanted to have a business to business (B2B) website to support their new business model. At their request, it was necessary for the client's B2B website to contain three major features:
- A friendly user interface to add, remove, and edit complex business rules to the product pricing and security.
- The ability to easily import vendor products into the system.
- The ability to allow partner websites to redirect their users to the client's B2B website.
The Chetu Solution
Chetu, a certified software development company with vast experience developing and integrating custom software, collaborated with the client from the project's initial inception to its final development and implementation. To bring the client's idea to reality, Chetu:
- Conducted multiple sessions with SMEs from the client's side to understand the requirements and documented these requirements in a Chetu proprietary format with approval from the client.
- Evaluated several technologies for implementing the solution such as .NET, Java, and Magento. After careful comparison of these technologies, Chetu proposed the use of Magento for the project because many of the required features the client wanted already came available with the off-the-shelf product. Magento also provided a powerful custom development model in case needed.
- Seamlessly implemented the B2B website thanks to Magento's inbuilt features.
- Made imports possible through CSV file upload capabilities.
- Implemented a web service-based methodology for partner website "Punch In."
The final solution provided by Chetu featured a secure and practical B2B website that:
- Requires a user ID and password for logging in.
- Uses a two-step registration process where users register online and the client later approves or rejects the registration.
- Features administrative access for creating complex business rules to set pricing and availability of products.
- Satisfies the need for order placement capabilities.
- Allows users to request quotations.
- Features CSV file import.
- Features partner website "Punch In" capability.
Chetu, Inc. does not affect the opinion of this article. Any mention of specific names for software, companies or individuals does not constitute an endorsement from either party unless otherwise specified. All case studies and blogs are written with the full cooperation, knowledge and participation of the individuals mentioned. This blog should not be construed as legal advice.
Chetu was incorporated in 2000 and is headquartered in Florida. We deliver World-Class Software Development Solutions serving entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 clients. Our services include process and systems design, package implementation, custom development, business intelligence and reporting, systems integration, as well as testing, maintenance and support. Chetu’s expertise spans across the entire IT spectrum.
- See more at: https://www.chetu.com/blogs